United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, Southern Division
ARTHUR J. TARNOW, JUDGE
ORDER DENYING PLAINTIFF’S MOTION FOR DISCOVERY (DOC. ENT. 35)
ANTHONY P. PATTI, MAGISTRATE JUDGE
LeAndre Davis (#697681) is currently incarcerated at the Michigan Department of Corrections (MDOC) Chippewa Correctional Facility (URF) in Michgian’s Upper Peninsula, where he is serving a sentence imposed on December 11, 2009 in Case No. 08-005742-01-FH (Wayne County). See www.michigan.gov/corrections, “Offender Search.” On November 30, 2011, while incarcerated at the MDOC’s Earnest C. Brooks Correctional Facility (LRF), Davis filed the instant prisoner civil rights complaint, pro se, against Officer Braggs, who is described as a Wayne County Jail (WCJ) guard. Doc. Ent. 1. The facts underlying Plaintiff’s complaint concern events which allegedly occurred while Davis was a pretrial detainee at WCJ. See Doc. Ent. 1 at 4-5.
By way of the Court’s October 2, 2014 order, the discovery deadline was extended to October 30, 2014, and the dispositive motion deadline was extended to November 30, 2014. Doc. Ent. 34.
B. Instant Motion
Judge Tarnow referred this case to Magistrate Judge Komives for pretrial matters. DE 18. On January 13, 2015, this case was reassigned from Magistrate Judge Komives to me.
Currently before the Court is Plaintiff’s November 4, 2014 motion for discovery. DE 35. By this motion, Plaintiff seeks:
1. Inmate housing list for both South and North housing blocks in [WCJ] on the floor Defendant Jomaine Bragg was stationed on November 28, 2009.
2. Copy of [WCJ] Mission Statement.
3. A complete copy of Wayne County Internal Affairs Investigation report that was a[c]quired by [defense] counsel when Plaintiff signed Authorization for Release of Information Form was received by [defense] counsel.
4. Full name of all the officers stationed on the floor in [WCJ] that Defendant Jomaine Bragg was stationed on November 28, 2009[.]
5. A copy of [WCJ Operating Procedure] for fights between inmates.
6. A copy of [WCJ Operating Procedure] for inmate ...